The Health Centre Pharmacy provides a unique opportunity to work with a multidisciplinary health care team in the provision of community pharmacy services – prescriptions and OTC medications, medical supplies and home IV infusion including palliative care patients. In addition, services are provided to Hospital staff and to patients of the Hospital’s specialty clinics and the Grand River Regional Cancer Centre.
The Pharmacy Assistant/ Technician is a key team member in marketing a customer-focused service. The successful candidate should be knowledgeable about pharmacy regulations and issues relating to staff and patient safety within the work environment and be dedicated to continuous quality improvement in the preparation and delivery of safe medications.
The Pharmacy Assistant/Technician will:
• Interpret and enter prescription information into the computer system in order to generate profiles and medication labels.
• Accurately dispense and compound medication
• Aseptic preparation of IV medications (antibiotics, PCA, chemotherapy & TNA)
• Inventory management – order and receive supplies, stock rotation, expiry date checks, return and arrange credit for outdated items.
• Pharmacy Technician Diploma from an Accredited 2 year Program is required
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Two years Pharmacy Technician experience required including retail pharmacy and sterile IV admixture experience
• Certification by the Ontario College of Pharmacists required
• Proof of Regulation with Ontario College of Pharmacists or presently pursuing Regulation is required
• Well developed interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work in an independent and cooperative manner
• Working knowledge of chemotherapeutic agents would be an asset
• Good attendance record
Grand River Hospital requires all new hires to submit a valid Criminal Record Check that includes a Vulnerable Sector Screen prior to start date.
Please be advised that we are no longer accepting paper-based resumes from external candidates. For instructions on how to apply on line, please visit our website www.grhosp.on.ca or you can find instructions posted on internal posting boards found within the hospital.