• Current Registration Certificate of Competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Experience in the areas of restorative, rehabilitative, palliative or complex medicine an asset
• Experience with chronic ventilators an asset
• Current BCLS required
• Ability to respond to emergency situations; rapidly identifying priorities and complex patient care needs
• Demonstrated assessment skills and the ability to function independently
• Demonstrated teaching, communication, interpersonal and team building skills required
• MDS assessment training preferred
• Recognized gerontology, palliative care and rehabilitation courses are an asset
• Good attendance record
**A comprehensive orientation will be provided
Grand River Hospital requires all new hires to submit a valid Criminal Record Check that may include a Vulnerable Sector Screen prior to start date.
Attention Registered Nurses: If you are applying to positions outside of your home unit, you are required as per Article 10.07(b) to submit your qualifications, experience, present area of assignment and seniority along with your application. Applications received without this information will not be considered.
EMPLOYEES OF GRAND RIVER HOSPITAL ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT THEIR APPLICATION ELECTRONICALLY USING THE EMPATH SYSTEM
Grand River Hospital is committed to providing and fostering a respectful workplace for all employees, free from violence and harassment.