HOURS OF WORK:
Monday to Friday
To assist orthopedic, plastic, emergency and family doctors in the care and management of their patients. Assist both inpatients and outpatients. Responsibilities include: cast work, application of splints and sterile procedures such as patient teaching, suture removal, dressing changes and pin/screw removals. Contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
• Successful completion of the Canadian Society of Orthopaedic Technologists examination (written, oral, practical components).
• Current registration with the Canadian Society of Orthopaedic Technologists (C.S.O.T.)
• Ability to maintain continuing education program as established by the Certification Board of the C.S.O.T.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to provide mentorship for ortho technicians
• High level of initiative and self-direction required as well as strong organizational skills
• Knowledge of proper application of aseptic technique
• Excellent problem recognition and problem solving skills
• Effective time management skills; ability to organize work and set priorities
• Recent orthopedic or fracture room experience preferred
• Able to work in fast paced environment with rapid turnover and conflicting priorities
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment is essential
• Must be able to perform duties efficiently under limited supervision
• Good attendance record
Grand River Hospital requires all new hires to submit a valid Criminal Record Check that may include a Vulnerable Sector Screen prior to start date.
Please be advised that we are no longer accepting paper-based resumes from external candidates. For instructions on how to apply on line, please visit our website www.grhosp.on.ca or you can find instructions posted on internal posting boards found within the hospital.