This nurse will be scheduled for two 11.25 hour shifts and one 7.5 hour shift weekly (Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Saturday, Sunday, Monday) and may rotate between Days and Evenings.
This full time nurse works a weekly average of 30 hours and is paid for 37.5 hours at the regular straight time hourly rate.
• Current registration with College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
• Experience in Mental Health & Addictions Nursing preferred
• Certification (CNA), Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing preferred, or willingness to obtain certification.
• Practices in accordance with Canadian Standards of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing
• Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to engage in conflict resolution
• Working knowledge of psychiatric and mental health disorders, the management of psychiatric emergencies and related psychiatric/ psychosocial interventions and treatment models
• Comprehensive knowledge and experience in administration and/or monitoring of psychotropic medications
• Excellent interviewing and de-escalation skills
• Evidence of putting recovery principles into practice with patients and their families
• Strong skills in biopsychosocial assessments, care planning, crisis plans, psychiatric nursing interventions and complete outcome evaluation for individual care.
• Excellent Knowledge of the Mental Health Act, the Health Care Consent Act and other relevant legislation
• Strong consultation skills with the Interdisciplinary team and Community partners.
• Knowledge of Family assessment/Family systems theory
• Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
• Ability to conduct risk assessments, risk management and debriefing
• Contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors
• Good attendance record
• Basic Rescuer CPR
Please be advised that we are no longer accepting paper-based resumes from external candidates. For instructions on how to apply on line, please visit our website www.grhosp.on.ca or you can find instructions posted on internal posting boards found within the hospital.
Grand River Hospital requires all new hires to submit a valid Criminal Record Check that may include a Vulnerable Sector Screen prior to start date.
Grand River Hospital strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, the hospital will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.