HOURS OF WORK:
Days, 7.5 hour shifts
• Responsible for performing all cytology related procedures including specimen preparation using Thin Prep technology, screening, troubleshooting methodologies, reporting, participating in Quality Assurance activities, attending EBUS procedure for rapid on-site assessment of specimen adequacy
• Works under the direction of the Senior Cytotechnologist and Manager Histology/Cytology
• Performs preventative maintenance on equipment and contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
• Current registration with the CMLTO – Cytology
• Certification with CSMLS - Cytology
• Knowledge of the requirements of the Ontario Laboratory Accreditation (OLA) standards;
• Excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Word; pathology computer systems
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
• Good attendance record.
Grand River Hospital requires all new hires to submit a valid Criminal Record Check that may include a Vulnerable Sector Screen prior to start date.