Part time Registered Nurse (Job Share)
HOURS OF WORK:
11.25 Hour Shifts
To provide care for patients through the critical phase of illness for both medical and surgical issues.
Contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
• Basic Cardiac Care course/Arrhythmia required
• Willingness to pursue advanced courses in Critical Care nursing within a reasonable time frame
• Theoretical base (or willingness to obtain) to attain certification in specialized skills:
- Administration of life-saving drugs/initiation of IV’s using medical directives
• Experienced in initiation of IV’s and administration of medications below the drip chamber or willingness to obtain skill
Recent surgical experience preferred.
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to support and encourage families
• Reliability and dependability
• Good attendance record
Grand River Hospital requires all new hires to submit a valid Criminal Record Check that may include a Vulnerable Sector Screen prior to start date.
Please be advised that we are no longer accepting paper-based resumes from external candidates. For instructions on how to apply on line, please visit our website www.grhosp.on.ca or you can find instructions posted on internal posting boards found within the hospital.