HOURS OF WORK:
11.25 Hour Shifts
The Registered Practical Nurse assists in the co-ordination of total nursing care for an assigned group of patients. The RPN works closely with other nursing staff and patient team personnel, in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice within the clinical setting.
Contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
• Current registration with College of Nurses of Ontario
• Acute Medicine experience preferred
• Demonstrates communication skills necessary to interact with interdisciplinary team, patients, significant others, and general public
• Ability to catheterize, monitor IV’s and use aseptic technique
• Demonstrates knowledge and skill in caring for medical patients
• Experience with elderly patients an asset
• Skilled in BG testing, 12 lead EKG’s
• Knowledgeable with oxygen equipment and set up
• Basic computer skills
• Good attendance record
Grand River Hospital is committed to providing and fostering a respectful workplace for all employees, free from violence and harassment.
Please be advised that we are no longer accepting paper-based resumes from external candidates. For instructions on how to apply on line, please visit our website www.grhosp.on.ca or you can find instructions posted on internal posting boards found within the hospital.
Grand River Hospital requires all new hires to submit a valid Criminal Record Check that may include a Vulnerable Sector Screen prior to start date.