Full Time - 0.4 Practice Lead and 0.6 Clinical Component
HOURS OF WORK:
As an integral member of the Grand River Hospital clinical team, the Physiotherapy Practice Leader (PL) embraces, promotes and models the mission, vision and values of the Grand River Hospital Corporation through excellence in interprofessional team building, a focus on quality practice standards, clinical education facilitation, effective communication, and professional practice standards monitoring and leadership.
She/he collaborates with the GRH leaders to support the professional practice and education needs, ensuring alignment with GRH strategic objectives.
The PL ensures excellence in care provision through a focus on quality, safety, effectiveness of care delivery, development of efficient processes, monitoring of practice standards and educational needs across the corporation. The PL is responsible for providing direct patient care combined with the role of professional lead.
Travel between sites is required.
The Practice Leader will provide leadership and have accountability for:
• Professional practice standards
• Professional credentialing
• Workload measurement feedback and monitoring
• Advocacy for the discipline in collaboration with the Rehabilitation Therapies Manager
• Equipment recommendations
• Student education
• Clinical resource
• Consultation and peer support
• Practices related to training, supervision of non-regulated staff Mentoring
• Oversee discipline-specific committees
and assist/advise the Clinical Manager for Rehabilitation Therapies in:
• Recruitment process (candidate selection, scenarios, interviews)
• Performance appraisals
• Job fact sheets and descriptions
• Quality improvement