At Grand River Hospital, we work with the communities we serve towards life-long health and well-being for all. We exist to provide exceptional care through inspired people, one patient at a time. Our Mental Health & Addictions Program strives to deliver exceptional patient experience, excellent patient access, and engaged staff.
Reporting to the Clinical Manager of Child & Adolescent Mental Health & Withdrawal Management Services, you will work primarily in our outpatient multidisciplinary services. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Plans, administers, and documents psychological assessments using an appropriate range of psychological tests, measures, and assessment methods, provides timely feedback and written reports
• Plans, conducts, monitors, and documents evidence-based psychological treatments within a multidisciplinary team approach
• Demonstrates skills and experience in assessment, diagnosis, research and treatment with children and adolescents with mental health issues
• Works effectively with members of the multidisciplinary team and participates in multidisciplinary team meetings to assist in the assessment, treatment, planning, recommendations and evaluation of outcomes for patients
• Actively involved in family education initiatives aimed at enhancing coping and reducing distress
• Supervises and trains professional staff (eg. Psychologists, etc.) as required
• Supervises and trains learners (eg. Psychology practicum students, interns, etc.) to provide assessments and treatment services
• Engages in professional development and continuing education
• Participates in service committees and quality improvement initiatives as required
• Assists with program development and evaluation as required
• Other duties as assigned
• Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from a CPA or APA accredited program
• Registration in good standing with the College of Psychologists of Ontario
• Minimum 2 years post-doctoral clinical experience with psychological assessment and diagnosis of children and adolescents within an acute care hospital based service setting
• Demonstrated experience in providing individual, group and family treatment to children and adolescents with mental health illnesses
• Demonstrated knowledge of best practice guidelines pertaining to the treatment of child and adolescent disorders
• Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to Grand River Hospital Mental Health & Addiction Program recovery philosophy , comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff, patient and environmental safety
• Proven ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team along with other health care providers, community service and school board providers
• Participates in team building, service development and improvement activities striving to contribute to a healthy workplace environment
• Maintains and develops professional competence through ongoing professional development
• Excellent organizational, prioritization and problem-solving abilities
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge and proficiency in clinical research design and analysis
• Skills and experience in clinical teaching and education
• Demonstrated interpersonal and supervisor skills required for the supervision of students, interns, and psychometrists
• Good attendance record
Grand River Hospital requires all new hires to submit a valid Criminal Record Check that may include a Vulnerable Sector Screen prior to start date.
Please be advised that we are no longer accepting paper-based resumes from external candidates. For instructions on how to apply on line, please visit our website www.grhosp.on.ca or you can find instructions posted on internal posting boards found within the hospital.
Grand River Hospital is committed to providing and fostering a respectful workplace for all employees, free from violence and harassment.
Grand River Hospital strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, the hospital will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources or your Recruitment Specialist for assistance.