• Masters in Health Science, Finance, Business or equivalent.
• Minimum 3 years decision support experience
• Minimum 5 years experience of hospital experience or equivalent
• Strong computer knowledge and skills (e.g., Crystal Reports, HBI, Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, CMG/RIW applications, SAS or SPSS)
• Knowledge in maintaining case costing data dictionaries, cost model development, cost reconciliations, cost analysis, and cost reporting, including monitoring of regular case costing data and overseeing submissions in collaboration with Finance.
• Previous experience in program or systems management
• Strong analytical skills and solid mathematical background
• Demonstrated experience in preparation of statistical and management performance reports
• Solid knowledge and application of organizational functions, problem solving skills, critical thinking skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, coupled with excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel.
• Demonstrated proven ability to develop & foster positive relationship with data/information stakeholder
• Experience in preparing reports, and making verbal and written presentations to Clinical Directors, Senior Management and/or Boards of Directors.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision; able to work under pressure and deal with conflicting priorities and deadlines with the highest degree of accuracy.
• Knowledge of productivity and clinical indicators, balance scorecard development, patient costing methodology, health care reporting requirements, MIS guidelines and hospital operational planning and budgeting.
• Ability to problem solve when information does not balance.
• Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
• Good attendance record
Grand River Hospital requires all new hires to submit a valid Criminal Record Check that includes a Vulnerable Sector Screen prior to start date.
Grand River Hospital is committed to providing and fostering a respectful workplace for all employees, free from violence and harassment.
“Grand River Hospital strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, the hospital will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.”